Chicken pox is contagious viral infection. It would first appear as blister like rashes on your face and spread through the body. Although mostly infected are children adults with weak immune systems can also get this virus. Early symptoms are fever, headache, sore throat, and then weakness of your body, you may not get any of this symptoms but you may suffer from skin rashes.
Generally, babies around 6 months are ready to start experimenting foods. When child reaches this phase remember of few basic guidelines.
Fruits and vegetables have always played a key to a healthy diet; add exercise to it and your body will reward you with great energy and glowing skin. This is no secret, just a fact. While some of us adore vegetables and fruits, some can hardly consume a handful a week. Eating smart helps a great deal in promoting good health. Try and learn a tiny bit about your daily food, and thus you will be able to eat right even if you don’t consume the exact quantity required daily. The mangosteen is a fruit that is filled with all the essential vitamins and minerals needed to provide the required dose and more when consumed on a regular basis. Below are the 10 Health Benefits of Mangosteen .
Around the world, food-borne illnesses have become increasingly common. In the United States alone, millions of people get a food-related illness each year. Food are going inside our body they must be handled correctly. Knowing this will help you avoid food poisoning.
"Even the healthiest foods can make a person sick if they aren't handled, cooked or stored properly," says Dr. Robert Berkow, editor in chief of Your Health Now, a new health magazine from the global pharmaceutical company Merck & Co., Inc. Here are some tips on how to avoid getting sick:
• Always wash hands before handling food. Illnesses are easily transferred from person to person through food. Washing hands before touching fruits, vegetables and other foods helps to kill any bacteria that may be transferred from the person's hand to the food.
• When handling raw meat, poultry or pork, always clean up thoroughly.
Don't just wash your hands but also clean the surfaces of cutting boards, countertops and utensils you use. The bacteria known as salmonella spreads easily on surfaces that come in contact with raw meat.
• Avoid eating undercooked food. Undercooked beef, chicken and seafood increase a person's chance of getting salmonella or E. coli, another type of bacteria. This can cause fever, cramps, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
• Do not eat foods that contain raw eggs. Raw eggs may be contaminated with salmonella, which can be killed by cooking. When cooking, always throw away cracked or dirty eggs.
• Avoid drinking juices that have not been pasteurized. The pasteurization process kills bacteria such as E. coli.
• Avoid canned foods that are bulging or dented, or jars that are cracked. Lids should not be loose or swollen. Look at the "sell by" and "use by" dates. Avoid foods that will expire soon after purchasing and never buy outdated foods.
• Properly store and refrigerate foods when they're brought home. Cooked foods should not be left to stand at room temperatures for long periods before serving, and leftovers should be refrigerated within two hours.
• When in doubt, throw it out. If you aren't sure if that leftover is safe to eat, then toss it in the trash.
Health is wealth. Nothing more expensive than putting our health in risk. Knowing how to properly prepare and store our food are first step in Avoiding Food Poisoning.
Have you heard of this healing method Chinese food therapy? This method actually has long been a common approach among Chinese people.
Having a diabetes needs a tremendous control of food that contains sugar. However, eating healthy food that help keep blood sugar, insulin and inflammation under low can dramatically reduce your risk of developing complications. Here are some notable vegetables for a diabetic patients to eat. Continue Reading…
The best way to lower the risk of having lung cancer is by giving up smoking it’s the most beneficial health action that smokers can take. Secondly, everyone knows that eating vegetables and fruits has profound health benefits. Here are dietary recommendations that may also offer protection against lung cancer — for smokers and nonsmokers alike.